Tuesday, 3 October 2006

mixed, weird and Wonderful night

At the union bar there usually have a thing called the Monday Night Project on a Monday night funnily enough. Ben is supposed to be doing a stand-up comedy thing next week, so last night we went to the bar to check it out – how it works etc., cos when we went to the one in Freshers week they had games and stuff on (but it was a bit rubbish to be honest).

Anyway, we went at about 8.30, had a couple of drinks, waited for something to happen. It was quite empty in there, not like it has been before. Then at about 9.30 or so someone came on the microphone and said “due to the lack of numbers we’re going to be postponing the Monday Night Project for a while”. So we thought.....ok then, it is a bit quiet I suppose, but it’s not like you have to pay to get in or anything – and there were quite a few people there. So I don’t know if Ben will be doing the comedy thing next week – that’s a shame.

So nothing much was happening – just sat round drinking and music was on. And this is so boring after a while. It’s ok sometimes, but after a while it’s just rubbish to me. So I think at about 10.30 Ben and Danny went to leave – Ben is addicted to online poker but keeps losing money, so he wanted to win some back.

I wanted to stay for a bit, have another drink, to see if I could talk to some new people. Pete (who lives in Springfield 4 and I’ve talked to before – he likes my accent hehe) came over and bought me a drink, we had a bit of a chat and then I was completely bored with the whole night and went home. He walked me home and then went back to the bar.

I went upstairs to my room and was quite upset really – I don’t seem to like ‘normal’ studenty activities and feel a bit left out of the circles of friends. So I got changed into my pjs and went down to Ben’s room where he was playing poker and Danny and Emma (from Spring 4 too) were talking. I stayed for a bit, then Emma left, so I went back upstairs to take my lenses out. Ben was being quite anti-social.

Then Danny came up looking for me – I hoped he would. We sat on the bed and had a chat. He said I was a true friend to him and he was glad he’d made a good boy – friend (Ben) and a good girl – friend, to help him out in different situations. Then we got onto talking about films for some reason. He loved The Lake House too!! I HAVE to buy that soon. And then I said my favourite film was Closer, and he said the cover of the dvd put him off it, and I said it’s really good and started to describe it and said it was based on a play. Then he said “Oh My God – I’ve GOT that play – I love it!!”

So he went downstairs and got the script! Then we watched it – it was actually so good to watch it with someone for a change, a lot of people don’t like it, think it’s a bit of an acquired taste. He fell asleep halfway through, it was about 3 in the morning, and then when it was finished he went off to bed. He left me the copy of the play and I read the first act then – I wasn’t ready for sleep yet. It is a lot like the film, but they have missed bits out in the film. I read the rest of it this lunchtime – I think the play is so much better even though I love the film.

I’m so glad he likes it too! He really is my best friend here. At first some people thought there was something going on with us hehe – we have a good laugh at that between ourselves, because it’s just not like that at all.

No comments: