To coin a phrase.
Last night we (me, ben and danny) went to the Monday night project. We went in, got a drink and then sort of stood round listenin to the music. Then we sat on the comfy seats, took some photos with ben’s new phone hehe – which practically has a proper camera on it. Ben said he was completely bored with this evening – my thinking exactly, just standing round – why?! Danny suggested doing some shots, so we had a shot of blue after shock each, highly disappointing in my view – I’m not one for downing shots, I like to have nice tasting drinks and savouring them. But to be sociable ;)
Ben was getting a bit silly at this point. They went out to this little van thing that sells burgers and got one each. Then alex came out and said that him and his friend were going to smoke some weed later and ben and danny said they wanted some too.
I don’t do that kind of thing – no way in hell, so I thought, well fine if they want to but don’t drag me into it. We went back to the halls – sam’s internet wasn’t working so she borrowed my computer to do some work. So me and some people went up to the shop – ben wanted yet another set of beer.
As we walked alex and his friend were smoking it, and I asked danny if he was really going to.
Danny: yeah
Me: give me a reason – if you can’t why do it?
Danny: (joke) because.......you’re pretty?
Me: no, next?
Danny: ummmmm.....ok then
So he didn’t smoke any. I said I didn’t want to be a naggy friend, and I was only looking out for him – he said he knew. What a good friend I am ;)
Ben was doing it, and me and danny sort of walked ahead of them and chatted and stuff. We got to the shop and it was closed – ben was very annoyed, he’s definitely turning (turning?) into an alcoholic. He was also acting like a complete twat last night. He’s a very selfish person at the best of times, I think being drunk and tonight a bit stoned brought out the worst in him.
When we were walking to the shop he was walking really close to the road and even though it was quiet I could just see something bad happening if we weren’t careful – sometimes quiet roads are the most dangerous because drivers can be stupid at night when there’s no-one around. I kept telling him to get on the pavement and I don’t think he liked that – he wanted to come to uni to get away from his mum etc etc. (that’s quite offensive to me actually). I just felt responsible and I wasn’t going to let anything bad happen. Next time I just might not bother and see if they care, it’s no skin off my nose.
We got back to the halls and sat in ben’s room, I was quite depressed with the situation. Me and danny started talking and ben wanted to do something on the video camera and didn’t like us talking so I went back with danny to his room – I’d rather talk than stay with ben being a twat.
Me and danny were chatting and waiting for the silly quiz thing again hehe! We talked about Laurence and general stuff, can’t remember it all now actually – I like general chattin like that. I asked whether he’d have smoked something if I hadn’t said anything – he said he would. I felt quite proud of that. I asked whether he was that easily influenced, he said yes. Then he said whenever he was tempted again he’d have to ring me to get me to stop him hehe!
I’m just looking out for him. I know uni is Rife for things like this – doing silly things just cos everyone’s doing it, just because you never have before, and the biggest one – just because there’s no-one there to tell you not to. And I wouldn’t want to see him start something he can’t finish. I mean, smoking itself is bad enough, but drugs just makes it ten times worse. Because I’m a bit more mature I know when to say no, and just because I’ve never done something doesn’t mean I have to do it. Like I said before – no way in hell. And if I can also persuade another person not to do something, all the better. It’s all part of growing up.
Tuesday, 10 October 2006
sex, drugs and rock n rock
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment