Mark lives downstairs in number 6, directly under my room. Charlotte lives in number 8 the second room along upstairs.
They’re going out. They got together in about the second week, after Charlotte (who had a boyfriend anyway) was being chased by this other guy, but she turned him down and chose Mark.
They have a Rocky relationship, to say the least. They practically live together in Charlotte’s room, in fact I don’t think Mark has spent a night in his own bed since he got here – even when they weren’t together he stayed over. They fight All the time, constantly – Constantly. When they’re not fighting they’re in Charlotte’s room doing, um, stuff, with the door wide open (ugh highly annoying).
I have no idea why they are together. They seem nothing alike to me, and I really couldn’t be arsed to be constantly at someone’s throat every single day. The paint has come off from around Charlotte’s door because she keeps slamming it all the time.
It seems to me on the outside that Mark just isn’t bothered at all, either about Charlotte in general or about them fighting. I think Charlotte just likes to be with someone, even if it’s a crap relationship. Which is bloody stupid in my humble opinion!! Maybe I have got past this stage, cos I know I went out with some stupid people too when I was younger.
The trouble is, the best thing all round would be if they split up (I think they will in about two weeks) – but how hellish is that going to be for the rest of us here?! We have to spend the next year with them, I can see a time when one of them has to move out and I believe it will be Mark who goes first.
I’m saying all this because it just kicked off Again in the hall – I heard a slam, Mark come down to Steph’s room to watch Lost, and then I heard loud sobbing and Charlotte coming down the corridor to look for Mark. I said “are you alright” but we’re not friends enough to have chats about that – I’ve tried before.
Mark came out and they had a chat – Charlotte was annoyed that he went to watch it with Steph and left her on her own. She was having a very ‘womanish’ argument with him – her: “do you want me to come and watch?” him: “it’s up to you”, her: “but do you want me to?”, him “it’s up to you” blah blah blahhhhhhhh.
She eventually did go and watch it with them. I don’t like rockiness in the hall. Yes it makes things interesting but there’s a point where it’s not funny anymore.
Saturday, 14 October 2006
mark and charlotte
tags:
friends,
relationships,
uni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds utterly silly
it is..........i'm just leaving them to it at the moment, as is everyone else i think!
Post a Comment