Monday, 9 October 2006

personal stuff / laurence .........part V

I don’t know where to start with this one.........and I don’t know how much of this people will want to read, like I’ve said – Personal Stuff!! But I’m writing it here anyway, and hoping I won’t get embarrassed by it eventually.

I want to remember this weekend.

On Thursday night I drunk the 3 Buds that were left over from the 6 pack I bought on Wednesday. Then I finished off the half bottle of wine I had left. And I also had sips out of some other people’s stuff, mostly Danny’s Strongbow. Me, Ben, Danny, Kieran and some of the time Alex and some other people who wandered in were in Ben’s room – singing songs from The Lion King and generally being silly! We were trying to watch Team America, but were just talking and stuff really. It was an ace night! At 9.30pm (when he’d finished work) Laurence called me and I went upstairs to talk to him – he made me very smiley with that conversation, just general chat but it was so nice to hear from him. After that I came back down to join in the frivolity again ;)

I was a little bit drunk by the end. I ended up with Danny in his room watching that silly quiz thing again hehe. He fell asleep, so I left and went up to bed. This was about 2.30am, I didn’t think he’d be up but I phoned L anyway, and got his voice mail so I left him a cute little “night night” message and went to bed.

On Friday night almost everyone went home – Alex, Ben, Danny, Kieran, Hayley. So in the evening I watched a film with Sam, Mike, one of his friends I don’t know and Freddie, another of Mike’s friends whose sort of with Sam, or at least they in the ‘sorting it out’ stage ;)

We watched 40 Year Old Virgin, which I thought wasn’t so good – it was a bit silly and you have to be in the right mood. I was looking forward to talking to Laurence afterwards. He was out with some friends, and when the film finished I wanted him to call me to say night night. He kept sending messages saying “I don’t want to ruin it, I don’t think I could manage anything interesting, all I could say was a slurred hello” etc etc. so I was a little disappointed, but ok seeing as we’d talked the night before. At the same time I was havin a little jokey text conversation with a friend and I accidentally sent the last message in that conversation to Laurence – it was “whatever mate, goodnight”. Argh, bollocks.

Steph and Sam went home on Saturday afternoon. So the only people in the block were Mike, Mark, Charlotte and me! It was so unbelievably quiet – charlotte and mark went into town on Saturday, and Mike was in London the whole day. So I had a lazy and relaxed day – had a bath which was lovely.

In the morning I apologised to Laurence for being a bit short with him, but not realising he’d got that last message. He didn’t text for ages and I got a bit worried. Then I got a message from him saying “it wasn’t fair to talk to me like that last night”. I said I hoped that the reason he hadn’t texted was only because he was busy with work and asked whether he was still coming on Saturday night. We talked on the phone at about 6pm, and sorted everything out – I explained about the message going wrong, and he was a bit happier then (phew!). I think he was thinking about not coming because of that, so I persuaded him.

He was working til 8, so he wouldn’t get here til v late. I sent him a message just before 8 with a picture of me in my favourite dress and said “now I’m either going to put this on and wait for you, or I’m going to put on my pjs and go to bed – the choice is yours”. He rung me up and said “even though that’s a very nice picture, I didn’t need any persuading ;)”.

So he got here at about midnight, parked in the car park around the corner and I walked down to meet him at the entrance of the uni. We got a pizza – purple box, stuffed crust, yummy! He brought a bottle of shiraz and we shared it. I tried to convince him to give up smoking because he always tastes disgusting when he's had a cigarette in the same day as meeting me. Last time I saw him I asked him not to smoke before coming (hmmm...)

Then we went to bed and chatted (and stuff) for ages! Until at least 6am!! It was probably because it was so late when he got here, so we were sort of making up for lost time, having an evening in the night. Then I suppose we dozed for a while, and started chatting etc through the day, in between dozing. We stayed in bed until 6pm!! Now that’s what I call a good day ;)

Now here comes the personal stuff. Seeing as he was staying over, I was planning on sleeping with him (as in ‘sleep’ in the same bed – not the euphemism), but I also wanted to leave open the possibility for more if we both felt comfortable with it. Before he came I was interested to know whether he brought a set of ‘just in case’ condoms (he did...). But we had such a nice night just cuddling and chatting, it was lovely!

I really liked him, and I know he liked me too......he was a bit shy and not wanting to push me into anything (that’s just brilliant), even though I think it was the other way round some of the time (me not wanting to push him). I didn’t want the opportunity to pass by, and I did feel absolutely at my ease with him the whole time. So eventually...number three notch on the bedpost.

It was extremely short – he said seeing as we’d been in bed for a night and half a day, he’d been ready to explode all night hehehe ahem! And he’d been single for a while. But it was ok. I wasn’t expecting the world the first time out. Because it is a bit nerve racking and strange with a new person, and we haven’t known each other that long either. Neither of you knows anything about the other, after a while you get to know things about people and you lose words that are important in the beginning (if that makes sense).

I'm not normally like this to be honest - this is only our second date / second time of meeting even!, I know it's a bit soon but I really like him.

Afterwards we carried on chatting etc. He told me about his work, some other stories like how he broke a surf board, and made himself ill siphoning petrol badly omg! No awkward silences, no points where I wished I wasn’t there – that’s a very special thing for me. Being completely comfortable in another person’s company.

At some point during the proceedings he said “I’ve fallen for you in a big way”. Aaaaww! Could've been a line, but, ya know ;)

He was quite disappointed with his performance before hehe as he is a man they get very worried and annoyed by this kind of thing. I said it was ok, like I said I wasn’t expecting the world and it was just nice to do it at all. He said he was usually better than that – honest! :P and that if we did it again now it’d be better.

So I said “how could I say no to that :P”. So I tested this theory, the second time was just as short if I'm blunt ;) but it was ‘fine’. He was Extremely annoyed that time. But I’m sure things will get better eventually (optimistically).

I went for a shower – I was a bit worried about emerging from my room at 6pm, wondered what kind of comments I’d get etc. Turns out - haven’t had a single comment! That’s quite annoying actually, I like to have a little interest taken hehehe! I walked him back to his car, then he drove me back to uni.

I got back and Danny had got back, had a bit of a chat about the weekend, I was very smiley. Then at about 8.45 we went out to the Zee bar for the pub quiz night, regular Sunday night thing. That was quite good. Ben came in later on – his train journey is about 4 and a half hours that’s why he was so late. We didn’t win the quiz but it was a bit of fun.

Went back to Ben’s room, messed a bit, then I went up to bed at about midnight. Rung up Laurence and left him a cute message again, listened to music in bed and thought about the day.

He wants to read this blog, cos I showed him one of the nice entries I made about him (the one about our first date). I don’t think I want him to read it all though, it’s a bit too honest and I’m sure there are things in it he won’t like.

5 comments:

blj said...

though not commenting, i still read it. so continue bridget er elizabeth.

elizabeth said...

what are you talking about?

blj said...

am i making sense if your blog is going like bridget jones' diary?

elizabeth said...

hehehe i guessed that but i am nothing like bloody bridget jones!!!

why you not going to comment?

blj said...

not going to comment coz I have nothing to say, but just listen!