I wonder if people play hard to get on purpose. Well, I know they do sometimes.
Stupid thing is – it doesn’t work on me. I’ve been thinking about Dan ALL day – checking my phone every two seconds, agonising over whether to text him first, bothering about whether he thought last night was a mistake.
I relented in the end and sent him a message saying “just a little note to say I was thinking about you ;)”. Didn’t get a reply for ages.
This morning I was so excited. Every time my phone beeped I jumped and was very disappointed when it wasn’t him.
Now it’s the evening. Yesterday seems miles away. He sent me a message and it was a complete let down. I didn’t get excited at all.
If he’d have texted this morning I would have liked him even more than I do already. So if this was on purpose it was a pointless exercise. I’m assuming it wasn’t on purpose, playing it cool etc. he just didn’t text for – no reason at all.
I really hope he doesn’t regret it and does actually want to see me again. This wasn’t like kissing Alan on the first night. That Was actually a silly drunken thing. The thing with Dan felt like something to me, I really wanted to do it, I wanted it to lead somewhere.
I’ll see what happens later in the week – he has his classes on bishop otter campus, so maybe I’ll see him around or we’ll arrange to see each other.
I’m not going out tonight, I need some sleep. Everyone else is going so finally I might get the place to myself, with no drunkeds waking me up this time. I just need some peace and quiet for once, just for a little while.
People here keep playing the same songs over and over again. I don’t mind music, I don’t mind loud music (except at 4 in the morning but no-one’s done that yet). What I mind is the same song / set of songs played Constantly, all evening. This mostly applies to The Kooks – She Moves in Her Own Way. This morning someone played it at least 10 times in a row.
Plus I don’t like dance music unless it’s the right time for it. The most annoying thing about other people’s loud dance music is it drowns out my own music, or just prevents me from listening to anything at all.
Saturday, 23 September 2006
playing hard to get
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment