Giggle giggle giggle......
I got an email back from CD R Media saying “can we have your number, my supervisor wants to talk to you and apologise”.
So I thought, fair enough – as long as he doesn’t shout at me ;)
So I gave them my number, and he rung up about 10 mins later. I was all ready to have a “I don’t mean to be rude BUT” type conversation, but he just sort of said “we’re very sorry, we’ll post it today and by way of an apology we’ll send you a free case”.
Now I am really crap on the phone with people. I’m totally inept at ringing anyone – I have to actually force myself, it’s an irrational fear stemming back to when I worked in an office. When people ring me it’s not so bad, it’s best if I know who they are and why they are ringing.
Anyway. When I got off the phone with this guy (who actually sounded like some young kid, straight off a management course), I hadn’t really said anything. I just sort of said “yes” and “uh-huh” a lot, he just kept apologising n stuff.
I wonder what they’re sayin about me in the office ;)
So I’m getting my mp3 player tomorrow AND a free case Woooo!!
Monday, 4 September 2006
complaining works for once
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I used to run a similar business... in fact i built a solid system that rarely failed, but somehow cock-ups happen. The freebie technique works all the time to pacify the angry odd customer. good luck for tomorrow.
:O
pacify an angry customer?!
so i have been pacified now have i :P :P
i know what you mean ;) but this time i haven't done anything wrong. All i did was order something and they sent me the wrong thing - what am i supposed to do, lie down and say "sorry mr, take as long as you need i don't mind!"
i don't think so buddy :P
i would have been quite content just to get the product i asked for. Getting a freebie is just an added bonus, but it's not what i was aiming for
I didnt mean it is OK to give freebies. At the other end, they are helpless too. Mistakes happen and somebody invented this idea for how to get on the good books of the customer. This reminds me an episode at greggs, the staff there treated me like shit and I complained to the company. They sent me an email saying they will give me some free coupons, I replied them F'off.
did you get the stuff?
Post a Comment