Wednesday, 13 September 2006

family time

Last night me and my mum and dad sat round drinking, talking, and eventually listening to classic comedy on tape. It was brilliant.

And it should have made me sad – end of an era type stuff. I’m not going to be able to do this again for a while. But it didn’t make me sad. Maybe it will when I think about it in the future. But it was just a very pleasurable evening.

We always used to listen to these tapes in the car years ago, stuff like Monty Python “funny, we’ve got a lot of books here”, Stan Freeburg “he ruined the ending – one of the loveliest parts in the whole Piece”, Bonzo Dog Band “I’m gonna get you with my tent”, and Viv Stanshall “throw a brick through the window with your name attached”.

Even writing that makes me laugh ;) I’ll try find some clips on the internet somewhere.

It’s all funny, funny stuff and it’s ages old and better than stuff now. Last night’s session all stemmed from watching Little Britain for the millionth time and being quite disappointed by it compared to the classics.

I like doing this with my family – as I’ve mentioned before, sometimes we don’t get on and argue, especially my mum and dad when together and so me as well as a result. But we’re definitely a “three”, not like some families where it’s “children and parents”. We can share this stuff together and we’re just talking as equals.

It’s a shame to leave. Uh oh, here comes the part where I’m sad ;)

No comments: