Monday, 4 September 2006

let's get some things "straight"

Ok. Last shred of dignity, last shred of any mystery in my life.

Well maybe.

In this post I will be discussing some quite personal aspects of my life, so just read it and I don’t really except any response or answers or anything but you can if you like. Feel free to ask questions but don’t expect in depth answers I might not feel like it.

It’s about men and women. Me and men and women.

I have only been on dates with men. I have only kissed men. I have only had sex with men. I have only fancied men.

But.

I have always had an “appreciation” of the female form. Of women in general. I do like women. I don’t have many, scratch that, any women friends. Hell, I don’t even have men friends any more – it’s all exs or ex snogs, ex fancyings, any man I am in contact with has some connection with sex and that means they can never be a complete friend.

Anyway.

I’m not a lesbian. I don’t even think I’m a bi. However, if a woman asked me to kiss her I would say yes. If a woman asked me to go further than that I would seriously consider it, on a woman by woman basis (of course).

I like some famous women. Classic (false) beauties, whose falseness makes them different from reality. e.g. Angelina Jolie. Phew, shmoking.

Anyway!

I believe that I will know more about this when I am in more close contact with people again. AND when I make some women friends. Only then will I know whether what I crave is the company of other females as companions, or whether I want something more.

I have never fancied a ‘real’ woman. That is, I have never fancied someone I know. Not like it is with men – when I was at school I had crushes all the time. I believe that if I was lesbian or bi that it would be the same as it is with getting a crush on a man.

Having said that, sometimes I’ve seen a woman on the street or on a bus and wished I was able to fancy her properly. That doesn’t make much sense to me written down – it’s hard to explain, other than using the phrase I “appreciated her” again.

I have a good relationship with my mum – we can talk about anything openly and have a good laugh together, and I would Love to have this kind of thing with more people – other girls who are like me.

I do fancy men. Lately my sex drive has been ‘waning’ a little. Only because I’m a bit bored (with life in general) and there have been no tangible men available, my source of internet men has been quite rubbish lately too. I used to have cyber sex a lot but I haven’t done that in a while, I haven’t wanted any of it. I haven’t wanted to look for people, not to date or flirt with or ....anything.

I have thought that maybe I've been thinking this way Because I haven't fancied a man in a while - my thoughts have been leaning towards “maybe I'm looking in the wrong place”.

I had the chance of another date with that guy I went out with in May, I turned him down. He wasn’t good enough to waste my time getting all dressed up. Dating is hard work, and I have to really want it to spend my good 2 hours getting ready for it.

All I can say is only the future holds the key. Maybe I’ll make friends with someone who can help me sort all this out. Maybe I’ll do something with a woman and see if it feels like anything, and if it doesn’t I’ll know the answer.

7 comments:

blj said...

I appreciate the fact that you are openly saying these things. It is very unfortunate that it is still a taboo in most societies. hope you find what you are looking for.

elizabeth said...

Thanks for that.

I understand that homosexual issues are taboo these days.

However, I'm not bothered that it's 'taboo'.

I’m not suppressing it because I’m scared of what people might think. AND I’m not saying that I’m gay either. I was just trying to be honest saying that I don’t think I’m fully straight, in the usually sense.

You are actually one of the only men that is a friend involving nothing more – I appreciate that, thank you.

blj said...

you are welcome.

Unknown said...

this is one bold post. appreciate it. i wouldnt dare to say something like this in open...

elizabeth said...

why not?

somethings are true whether you say them or not. i'd still think this stuff even if i never told anyone.

i've definitely become less bothered about what others think of me, or more aware that people either like you or not and if they don't like you being yourself then it doesn't matter.

i just like speaking my mind ;)

blj said...

good stuff, being honest and open, makes your life easier

elizabeth said...

oh yeah

i actaully wrote this to sort of excise some stuff for myself - thinking it through by writing it down.

and i also like the people who i talk to to know a bit about me ;)