Yesterday we went shopping for uni stuff – bedding and towels and things. I got some really nice stuff, including 'sensible' pjs and slippers for wandering round the halls, and a really good corkscrew and bottle opener. I’ve got enough clothes and stuff so I’ll only have to do washing every two weeks. Want to be getting on with work and not worrying to much about domestics ;)
Last night me and my mum stayed up all night talking, we didn’t really plan to but we managed it somehow. I like summer nights because they’re so short. It’s very easy to stay up to watch the sun rise. Sometimes I watch a film at about 4 in the morning so it’s just finishing when the sun has come up, then go to bed hehe. We mostly talked about my dad and how annoying he can get. It gets to all of us in the house, there’s a general bad atmosphere most of the time. I’m quite glad I’ll get a break soon. There’s also a lot of problems with my grandma and my mum having to sort that out. She makes the problems herself mostly, it’s all attention seeking. Once one problem has been sorted, there’s another one. Everyone is getting pretty tired of that too.
Think I'm going to have to pack my things in advance just to test how they will all fit and how much I can take. I have a lot of stuff ;) at least we have a pretty big car these days.
Tuesday, 25 July 2006
uni stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you mean 'sensible' pjs do not have any simpsons on it?
the sun of your country was one weird thing for me. here, the sun is pretty much very punctual comes on at six-ish in the AM and sets at six-ish in the evening -- every day all year round. oh the another thing was changing the clock every six months -- I call that absurd.
hehe yes about the pjs :P i just meant, ones that i wouldn't mind being seen in by people i hardly know ;)
yes the sunrise and set times here are different all year round - it's because of our position on the earth i suppose. it does give it variety, and in the summer it's wonderful to have the sun set at 10pm and rise at 4am!!
the daylight savings thing (changing clock times) yes it's a bit silly, i think we should have it on british summer time all year round, so that in the winter we'd get an extra hour of light in the evening. that's the worst time of year - it getting dark at 4o'clock in the afternoon :(
Post a Comment