Saturday, 22 July 2006

some music news


Here’s some cds I’ve just bought

I’m an expert at finding the best price for cds and dvds – you can save yourself loads if you just shop around a bit, and that is so easy to do on the net. My four main shops for buying cds are CDWOW.com, Play.com, DVD.co.uk, and BangCD.com. There are other shops for DVDs too. There are more online shops for cds, but I’ve found that these always tend to be the cheapest so there’s no point checking the other sites.

This time, cos I was buying a lot, I made a table on Excel and put in the prices of all the cds next to each other and then coloured the cheapest in red. Then I bought the cheapest priced one from each shop. The cheapest shop in general was BangCD – their average price cd was £6.99, where some of the other sites had average prices of £8.99. That’s £2 difference, and when you’re buying a lot it can add up. Buying 3 cds at £6.99 costs £20.97, 3 cds at £8.99 costs £26.97, so you could actually get 4 cds at £6.99 for the same price.

Bargain hunter me ;)

Usually if I’m only buying one or two things, I get two sites up at a time, search for the thing, then close the window that’s more expensive. Then I get up another site and compare the price with the cheaper one from the first search, and close the most expensive one – and so on til I get the cheapest.

I haven’t bought an cds for ages, and I wanted to get some new stuff before going to uni. I haven’t really been following music just lately, only what I happen to hear on the radio. I suppose I haven’t been following it because there’s just such a load of rubbish nowadays. But you do find something good now and again. Now I’ve got all these I probably won’t get anything else until Christmas.

I’m also (hopefully) getting an iPod Shuffle free for opening a student account with Lloyds TSB. I have an ordinary mp3 player that cost about £14.99 I think. It’s 256MB, so holds about 3 or so albums I think, but I usually just put a selection of songs on not whole albums.

I’ve never wanted to buy an iPod – partly because they are sooooo expensive, and partly because they’re easy and desirable to be stolen. But one for free, okey dokey for me ;) if it’s good I Might buy a normal iPod or an iPod Nano as well – I don’t like the idea of not having a screen on the Shuffle. I’m sure I can find a bargain ;) maybe on eBay, as long as it’s a new one.













9 comments:

blj said...

My brother has an IPOD Video, the gadget is just awesome. I admire how usable it is. But I dont think I need one, as I am sitting in front of the PC all day. I certainly recommend IPod with bigger memory not the Ipod shuffle. Any MP3 player would do in that place, infact as a matter of fact other MP3 players are less annoying than IPod shuffle.

elizabeth said...

yeah i'm not buyin a shuffle, it comes free. i could even sell it on eBay if i don't like it.

i love my technology, don't think i could live without it!

i'm going to shop around for other student accounts, because a lot of banks give free stuff - there may be a better deal. some even give money, money i could put towards a normal iPod.

i just resent paying up to £200 for an mp3 player...which i mainly want to fit in with other people, god i thought i'd changed since being a teenager...

blj said...

yea, £200 for an mp3 player is little too much unless it is a gift ;)

elizabeth said...

don't think there's even a person i'd spend £200 on ;)

Anonymous said...

You would spend £200 on anybody. There goes my chance on getting that lego set I wanted :)

blj said...

hehe :p

elizabeth said...

mr void:

oh come onnnnn you've got $hit loads more money than i have, just buy it yourself ya cheapskate :P

Anonymous said...

if i have money or not, is not the point :)

elizabeth said...

i think it is ;)

"There goes my chance on getting that lego set I wanted"

- like the only way you could get it if someone else got it for you!!! just buy the stupid thing :P:P