Ok there’s a couple of things I want to talk to you about today.
The first is the Bead Soup Party. I have been aware of this phenomenon probably only during this year. It seems like they have them every six months or so.
The idea is, one person seems to organise it all – if you want to join the party you have to apply before a certain date. Applying involves leaving your name, contact details and blog address. Then after the certain date the organiser pairs people up and they have a chat online, then they send each other a parcel. The parcel contains various beaded goodies – the only stipulation being you have to include a fancy clasp, and some kind of focal bead. You have to use both, and as many of the rest of the items as you wish, plus you can add to it with your own stash.
Then you must make something by another certain date, and then post pictures of your creations. The idea being, you get new and exciting items you may not normally work with, you get to make new friends in the beading community, you get traffic to your blog, and in the end – you can have a good fun day ‘blog hopping’ your way around the other Bead Soupers!
There is one such party going on right now – the cut off date is 17th September, when I intend doing the blog hop and reporting on my findings – exciting! It seems that around 200 people from around the world take part, that’s a lot of beading!
What I want to say is – I Want To Be In One Soooo Bad!!! I have added the organisers blog to my watch list, and I’m going to watch like a hawk for the next Bead Soup date, so I can sign myself up!!! I love looking at the photos of people’s piles of goodies they are sending and receiving. I have some great ideas about what I would send, and how I would package it. Hopefully the next one will be in the next few months.
Squee!
Tuesday, 13 September 2011
one bowl of bead soup please
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment