Saturday, 10 June 2006

films

Bought Crash and The Phantom of the Opera on dvd, as a treat for finishing the year (I always do that, just a silly tradition I have ;))

Just thought of that cos me and my mum watched Phantom tonight, due to the rubbbbbish tv just lately. I suppose it’s the summer and you’re supposed to be out enjoyin yourself.

Anyway. It’s a good version. It’s my favourite musical anyway, I saw it at the theatre a few years ago and it was great. And this version is really good. I don’t know if the actors were dubbed for the singing, but it was well done even if they were. Don’t know who the guy was who played the Phantom. He did a lot of shouting though...:P

Crash is good too – quite heavy, needs some thinking about. It’s another one of those things about “relationships” and how people interact with each other, and it’s got an underlying storyline of racism at its heart, but actually it turns out that most of the people who Seem racist, are actually not – they have some other problem with life and the world. It won an Oscar or something I think, I can see why it did.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

yeah, i didn't mean "i don't know who he is", i meant i'd never seen him in anything else that i can remember :P

all comments welcome!