Went to see this on Orange Wednesday this week, and it was good! I’m a big fan of the book, and have been wanting to see this since I heard they were making it. And it does do justice to the book.
The story is more or less the same, they did miss out some bits I assume for time reasons, as a film has a limited amount of time. The story still works as it is, and I’m glad that it is so faithful to the story, because sometimes books and films don’t match (and as I’m a big reader) I think books are usually better. Unless you just want a story told to you in two hours :P
The film is fast paced, and I think because I’d read the book first, and it probably took me a couple of weeks of on-and-off reading, I thought the film was a little Too fast paced. When reading the book I found myself wondering what was going to happen a lot of times, and with the film it got told to me before I had a chance to wonder.
But still, I’d recommend it :P
Oh, and Great logo too - the A and V ;)
OH!!! AND!!! You get to see Paul Bettany naked ;) it's worth it just for that! :P
3 comments:
Unfortunately they banned this movie at this part of the world. Absolute stupidity. Atleast the book is available.
they banned it? i can't sort of understand that, but still it's surprising in this day and age.
politician: grab the opportunity of controversial script, ban film, bank votes from minority christians
Post a Comment