Friday, 28 April 2006

water painting #04

Oh I Love this one. I got the colours of the stones just perfect. I only used three basic colours for the whole thing.

I think it's absolutely beautiful. I can't stop looking at this one :P

I don't really care what anyone else thinks about it to be honest, because this is the type of thing I was trying to create.

7 comments:

blj said...

I am very sorry to ask such a question, but What is it?
Call me dumb, I am struggling to get this piece in my mind.

elizabeth said...

hehe! it's a wave coming up the beach. see the bottom left hand corner is stones and the white bit is the foam

blj said...

ah! now it makes sense. I was thinking is that a snowy mountain, but not quite and also had also thought it could be a beach. Now I can see the beach and the stones.

-dumb

blj said...

Now I can see the stones and the foam. I was thinking why I was not able to get it at the firstlook. I felt that this not a familiar perspective of mine, I am now thinking the piece appears as if the artist had seen it from the top angle, i.e. just somehow hanging above the water. Excuse me, may be I am talking rubbish and going overboard.

PS: word-verification@i-hate-spammers.com

DarthImmortal said...

Good job! I also agree the colors are fabulous.

elizabeth said...

yeah i thought that too (about it looking like it's from above) i took the picture, obviously, standing on the beach. So the photo wasn't taken from above - i'm just not good enough i suppose to get it right yet in paint ;)

and thanks darth! glad to see i have two fans now ;)

blj said...

Now I see your fan club expanding. I must be honoured for being the first. May be a painting of my picture will do ;)