Looking back at this one I think it's just gorgeous. Love the little flick up of water. The greeny sea colour is also good. Pebbles are a bit dark, but contrast with the sea.For this one I primed an A2 canvas board with primer mixed with sand. Gives it a texture. Then I painted it with acrylic paint.
6 comments:
1. "primer mixed it with sand" The primers - are they used for all painting?
2. How long did it take for you to paint this one?
Yes I love the water splash too.
1. no i don't always use primer. you can buy ready made canvases which are already primed so you don't need to prime it yourself.
or sometimes i like to work straight onto the surface (like on a fabric i might want the texture or colour to show through and primer might subdue it a bit).
for this one it was just the easiest way of getting the sand onto the board, using glue or something might not have worked.
2. all my paintings are done in layers, so here's how i did it:
priming - 10 mins to paint, overnight to dry.
background (green bit and brown bit) - 30 mins to paint, over night to completely dry.
white bits - i'd say maybe 1 to 2 hours to paint
poles - about 10 mins
overnight to dry the whole thing completely
so actual painting time is about 3 hours, but with drying time it takes a few days. but while it's drying i do other things
2. Thats a lot of work to watch paint dry :P -- Just kidding. I am sure it is a lot of work and need quite a lot of patience I guess. Now I know a little bit of it.
3. How do you get them online? Do you take digital picture of it?
My eyes go straight to the water splashing on to the second pole. It looks amazing.
hehe yeah i do spend a lot of my time watching paint dry ;)
to get them online i take a digital picture and then upload a small version onto this site, and a larger version onto my own site and then make links to them in the post.
Taking a picture of the art in itself is an art I guess.
Have you heard of flickr.com? May be you would get a lot of audience for your stuff and get better comments than my "blind eye to art" comments.
i did think about putting some stuff on flickr, i might do it when i get some time.
Post a Comment