I want to start blogging again, I never seem to make time for it in my life and I really should do. I remember the summer before I went to uni I wrote almost every day and it felt great!
Time to start it up again as I have a few ideas for things to tell you.
Firstly, I’m fairly settled into my new flat (I say fairly, because there are still a lot of boxes hanging around the place and I’m just a little overwhelmed by the job to do anything about them. I’d rather do things that are more important, but then they never get shifted! Grr!). It’s a nice little flat above a shoe shop, the owner of which is our landlord. It’s self contained, two bedroom, the second of
which has been christened the ‘Craft Quarters’ a la Star Trek tee hee because it’s an attic room and slightly resembles a Star Trek TNG or Voyager crew quarters.
The Craft Quarters has kind of become my domain, I sit up there at night and Craft to my hearts content. I have my desk all set up with a space for the computer and it’s just what I didn’t have in the other flat – somewhere to work. He works proper night shift now, which is a bsatard, (and might be changing soon!) so during the night (10pm – 8am) I sculpt like mad. Or do cross stitch. More on that later in part II ;)
Our bedroom has really nice fitted wardrobes which I haven’t filled yet, again I’m a bit overwhelmed by the job and there are currently boxes in the way of it. Bri just tidied the lounge out the other night, and it actually looks like a lounge now and not a dumping ground hehe! There are still some DIY projects to do around the place, but we’re hopefully going to get those sorted in the next couple of weeks.
It’s just down the road from my parents house, I suppose I got my fix of living far away for a while, and now I’m back up here in close proximity. Living far away was good when I had friends and was having fun a lot, I kept in contact by email and so didn’t really think about not living with them or missing them all that much. But living in the flat in Midhurst (which technically was only Bri’s flat and I didn’t have a key), got very isolating. Being up here now is a good thing because it means I can go back home whenever I want, but still have my own place and alone time whenever I need it.
Yes, it’s finally Our flat – both our names are on it and we both have keys so it’s actually official, we live together :D We did anyway, but now it feels better somehow – I not just ‘staying round his’.
Wednesday, 3 September 2008
part I – the new flat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cooool place. Even i want a place like this wooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
yay :D it's a cute lil flat ;)
Post a Comment