My BIG idea is – I want to set up a business selling jewellery making supplies and hand-made jewellery, made by me and by other local people. I haven’t thought of a name yet, I want something snappy and memorable, something that rolls off the tongue and tells people what it’s all about. Any suggestions greatly received!
I’ve wanted to own some kind of craft business for years now, but have never had the opportunity or the gumption to do it properly.
I am at the lowest rung of the employment ladder, I haven’t really ever worked (only for a short time years ago), I’ve done courses but not in anything ‘job wise’, art is hardly a lucrative career choice, and also I’ve been idle for a long time now!! And this is quite inexplicable in job interviews without lying or embellishing. To be blunt – I’m not a safe bet for employers.
But the biggest thing is, there isn’t a job out there I’d be happy doing. I’d love to work in a craft shop (like Hobby Craft), or doing something creative – like the job in the greetings card company that I didn’t get (which makes me reluctant to even think about pursuing that again). But at the moment these options aren’t open to me. Hobby Craft is too far away, plus I just did a search and there are no jobs going.
I want to create opportunities for myself.
I have found a few wholesalers, in China and Thailand mostly, which sell jewellery supplies really cheaply in bulk. I could also stock beading magazines and books, and also have exhibitions!
There are plenty of people who bead and make jewellery, and also plenty of people who like to buy ready made jewellery to wear. There are also not many shops like that, at least not round here.
I think it’s a viable business plan and I think I have a good enough head for business that I can pull it off and run it successfully. I just need determination and to not give up. I have a knack of making myself think that something isn’t worth doing. But I think this is a good idea.
Thursday, 25 September 2008
Confucius says “choose a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life”. part III
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment