Saturday, 5 August 2006

children

When there are children about you make them believe that every activity they do is amazing. “Look, I made buns!” the adults say “Wow!!” Etc.

When is the age when everything you do stops being amazing?

Why is it that when I make something, at 22, that it doesn’t even get a feigned “that’s good”. I’d still want someone to make me feel like I did something good. When a child does some crappy drawing of a tree everyone goes “that is AMAZING!!!!” and hangs it on the wall. A 22 year old makes something really good and it gets little to no response.

Why? Is it all people or just me?

3 comments:

blj said...

I guess it probably stopped when you wanted to be an "Independent" adult.

elizabeth said...

i don't think that's anything to do with it, because i haven't consciously changed. i'm still the same person i was when i was a child.

i still do things that deserve recognition, it just annoys me when people Think a child needs more recognition than an adult does, when in reality you probably need more recognition when you are an adult.

Anonymous said...

When ever I've said “Look, I made buns!” most adults tell me to pull my pants up, and stop making a scene :)