Monday, 14 May 2012

first rehearsal time!

I’ve sort of resisted Eurovision blogging up to this point. Some blogs I used to read regularly suddenly become unreadable as they get too opinionated, and the comments can get very barbed and polarised. I don’t enjoy reading opinionated blogs (e.g. “That pile of poop Won’t get in the final, mark my words!”), and so I didn’t want to put anything else like that out into the ether.

However, I feel like things are hotting up now, so I wanted to share some of it. The Crystal Hall, which has been specially built for this event, is finally finished and all the delegations have been turning up this weekend to start rehearsing! That means it’s so close now you can nearly taste it :P

I have been looking up some of the videos, to get a bit of a feel of what will happen on the night, as the performance is as important (if not more) as the song itself. Take for instance Greece and Cyprus who both have a catchy pop tune.

I know she has the lyric “dance like a maniac”, I just feel like they took that a little too literally.

In other news – the Humpster performed on Graham Norton the other night, and it has gotten mixed opinions ever since. For a start – he practically had his microphone in another room, that’s the strength of his voice au naturel. So we don’t need to worry about that aspect. However, in parts of the song he was a bit cracky and unfortunately sounded all of his years :( Now I have never been a great fan of the song, but I’m not a hater of it either. I have it mid-table in my top 42, as do a lot of people on the interwebs uh oh oh. Hearing it live only reinforced that it’s a bit boring.

He talked a little about it being a good thing he’s singing first – as his “vocal chords will still be open” (given the time difference in Baku, the latter part of the show will be in the wee hours of the morning). But we all know the real reason he wants to go first is he can get off stage and get his slippers on and have a nice cocoa in the green room, possibly having a chat with a Babushka or two about their pills. Oh get me.

I can’t WAIT for a couple of weeks time, it’s a strong Eurovision year this year! I’m all ready for my special Dominos pizza and European wine :D

No comments: