Monday, 21 May 2012

this is the week it all begins

So it’s Monday of the week of Eurovision. That’s a Very exciting time in my world! This is like Christmas eve for me, and all my presents are sitting there and I can’t have them til tomorrow :P

It’s particularly exciting because I just got this years programme book in .epub form – genius idea, thanks Azerbaijan! I’ve wanted the last few years books, but the postage cost is what always puts me off. The books are expensive enough, but with postage it’s nearly doubled and I just don’t think it’s worth it. But the E version was only €2.99, I hope they might make previous years available like that!

In other news, a while ago we decided we were going to do a Eurovision lottery ticket, meaning we were going to pick our six favourite acts from the final and use their draw numbers for a lottery ticket. It’s as good a system as any ;) This morning I kind of thought we should do three tickets – one for each semi and the final. You never know! How I’d do it is me and B would each decide on our top three, then we each pick three other songs each and add their numbers together to make up the six numbers. We’ll have to sort it out on Friday, as we don’t know the running order of the final yet obviously!

I’m not making blog predictions this year, as I like far too many of the songs and I don’t really want to give a top ten or anything. I have a few favourites, but I’ll just quietly smile to myself if they do well ;)

Another thing I’m happy about is this advert which has been shown on the BBC this weekend:

Feel the positivity!! No clips of ridiculous outfits and ‘nil-points’-ers, just a straight “we can win, so come and watch” message. Finally!!

No comments: