So the first picture is a near approximation of what I’ll be doing next week:

I’m having another charity bake sale! This time to coincide with the upcoming festivities of the Diamond Jubilee here in England.
I normally do a sale for Children in Need, and sometimes Red Nose Day, mostly because people are in the giving mood and everyone likes cake. I’ve never had one in the summer before, and this time it is in aid of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
Most people will hopefully never have to use their services, and a lot of people won’t even believe this essential service IS a charity. But it is, and they need £7200 per day to keep running. You can get more info at their website ;)

Because it’s the jubilee I’m going to be doing lots of British Dessert themed items, such as Eton Mess buns, apple pie, Bakewell tart buns, and various Union Jack coloured biscuits.
I think whatever you think of the Royals, this event is a good excuse for a party and a bit of beer and bbq outside (if we’re weather lucky ;)), and for me it’s a good excuse to squeeze a few quid off folk for a good cause. And to indulge my new favourite hobby of cake decoration :D
Wednesday, 30 May 2012
jubilee bake sale
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment