Well, I didn’t get in to the Bead Soup. Nevermind.
I don’t think I’ll enter again if there’s a lottery. And this is not a self deprecating thing, or taking my bat home.
It’s just that I don’t get excited very often. It might sound strange to some people. But it’s true. I have also found that I can’t like anything unless I get excited first, but if I get excited and it doesn’t happen I feel a lot worse than when I first heard about the thing.
So mostly I protect myself by not getting excited at all unless I know the thing is going to be a certainty. Usually things under my control.
I think in my mind I had kind of geared myself up to taking part, and fully expected my name to be on the list. But it wasn’t.
The organiser has suggested that people dig out some beads and make something anyway and post pictures on the hop day. But I’m not going to do that either. That wasn’t the point of the challenge for me.
I wanted new things, new beads and findings, a new friend that was my partner, just mine. A new challenge rather than just getting out the things I bought anyway. I never buy a thing I don’t like, and I never stash things away because I’m bored or don’t want to use them, or don’t know what to do with them. I’m a strategic shopper of crafts!
I’m just going to do some fimoing and crack on with my cross stitch.
I have had a stonker of an idea for my own blog hop though... More when I’ve done some research! ;)
Tuesday, 17 January 2012
pah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment