Suggested listening material:
There’s something about the number five for humans, obviously because we have five fingers and that’s how we like to count. We find it easy to count to five using our fingers.
We like the number ten, and multiples of it, because it’s easy for us to process.
I remember a maths lesson when I was about 10 (ah ha!), the teacher said “why do we like the number 10?”, and the first response in my head was ‘because it’s a nice round number’, not realising that the question was “why?”.
He went on to explain that we have five fingers on each hand, and that that fact makes the numbers five and ten important.
-----
The reason for this post is it is almost my fifth anniversary. I’ve never been with anyone this long.
Five years ago today, I didn’t even know his name. I was blissfully unaware of what was to come in my life. I had been (unsuccessfully) dating for a while, and becoming disillusioned with the concept. I was probably in bed, all ready to get up and go in to uni, then go out for Disney night.
Now I own a flat with him.
He makes me smile. Still. He still makes me smile. :)
It’s the 29th February this year.
-----
EDIT
I was just having a flick through my old blog entries... between this one and this one, there were FIVE days.
No comments:
Post a Comment