Point one: Don’t read any further before watching the previous video ;)
So out of the various national finals taking place this Saturday, I chose to watch the Serbian one – as this is the song I’ve been most looking forward to hearing.
Željko Joksimović is a bit of a Eurovision legend. He has entered the contest once before in 2004 and came second, has written one song for Bosnia & Herzegovina in 2006 and came third, written another song for Serbia in the year they hosted – and came sixth, and not forgetting presented the 2008 contest with his now lover/spouse Jovana Janković ;)
The show that was on was basically a “we’re not worthy” t.v. special, showing all of Željko’s many talents (which brought several puppies back to life in the wings – true story). He sang some of his songs, and accompanied other people singing his songs, on piano AND accordion (not at the same time) before Finally unveiling his new masterpiece which he hopes will bring back the Eurovision to Serbia. And here’s hoping because I loved the 08 contest.
And without much further ado, here’s the song:
It’s a Željko classic, just as I expected – an Eastern Europeany thing, but not too boring and ballady. I hope it does really well, and I’m sure it will be making many a motorway journey just a tad more Epic.
No comments:
Post a Comment