Sunday, 7 May 2006

darren hayes

Bad, bad photo, but you get the idea ;)

I love this picture!!

It's done with pencil on paper, it's not really orange it's just how the photo has come out.

I did this late at night just to see if I could do it, and it turned out really well. I have left it as it is because I think it works really well - the eye and brain fill in the gaps and you can instantly tell it's a person.

4 comments:

blj said...

Good looking
some questions:
1. Is it a pencil sketch?
2. have you finished it?

elizabeth said...

yes it's a pencil sketch, and that is finished.

it's meant to be like that.

it's not really orange in the background, its on white paper, it was just dark when i took the photo, in an orange room ;)

blj said...

"Although, sometimes something can be called abstract by the artists use of colour (for example a painting of a person with a blue face), or the way they have done it – say, drawing something with very sketchy lines, not filling in detail etc."

So, is this piece abstract?

elizabeth said...

no. because it looks like what it is.

and more importantly - i'm the artist, and i didn't Intend it to be abstract.

that's an important thing to remember.