Saturday, 9 March 2013

you you you you you

Well that was my first ever experience of the Melodifestivalen final, and I have to say – it’s so exciting!!!

I already had my predictions and expectations, but to be honest, all of the songs were so good that I didn’t care which won! (apart from no-one needs to hear about dead fish on a Saturday night...)

At first, as I said the other day, I really wanted David Lindgren to win, and obviously Sean Banan would have made everything in May a lot more colourful! However, earlier in the day I did another look through the entries and I got to ‘You’ by Robin Stjernberg and went “ooo!”. As I watched the show I thought that it kind of stood out against the others for some reason, and I could see it doing well in the real final.

The voting was partly an international jury (including someone with an irish accent voting for the UK – close enough...?), and partly televotes. The votes were very close and it all came down the last one.

Seems like the juries and the public were very much divided, however – the song ‘You’ got a good score from both, making it a deserved winner ;)

Now if only it was sung by Cutie McPrettyface instead of his Sonic Spinball inspired entry hehehe :P

Is it me, or at 0:33 does Mary Berry get a shout out?




So here is the winning entry! I have had a look at his performances in the semi finals, and he has definitely got better at it. He needs to work on that money note at the end.

Let’s see if Sweden can do the double :O :O


Robin Stjernberg - You

No comments: