I have stood by before because it’s not really my business. But I CANNOT allow myself to stand by now. This involves an innocent person who doesn’t exist yet. I have known you for a number of years, I am just as much of an adult as you.
Can you remember yourself five years ago? Think now. Ten years ago? Fifteen years ago?
I can’t imagine the thought process of having a sterilisation operation. But I believe it is Never a spur of the moment decision, it is a life long commitment. I Never Want A Child.
There are plenty of contraceptive options. Chemical, barrier, not to mention the best one in the world. But you opted for the ultimate contraceptive. Can you remember the reasons? Really?
I think very passionately about this subject.
(Because obviously I have my own adult body too).
In fact, “the conversation” played a part in every one of my first dates.
Think about the future. The world your children will inhabit. Think about it really, and how the world of the present will pan out into the world of the future.
Take a moment to think about yourself holding a baby. Take a moment? Is that enough?
Think about your babies as people. Not products of your body, not products of your relationship, but people. Real people. That inhabit the world of the future. What will they make of it and how will they contribute? What will they think of the past, what will they make of us?
I think about this a lot and whether I should have children. I have come to the conclusion that I shouldn’t.
The world is not worthy of my children. I choose to keep my children locked up tight inside me. Safe, protected, the world is not safe or light enough for them.
But the world will always be light for G and E.
Monday, 8 November 2010
stupid stephanie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment