Tuesday, 4 November 2008

pudsey bake sale

Last year I gave around £90 to Children in Need (actually, it was less than that because I bought a Pudsey teddy for £6 + £2 postage, but only around £1.50 of that goes to the charity).

Anyway...this year I thought I’d have an event to help raise some more money. I like giving to charity; I try to do it whenever I can. I didn’t want to do a sponsorship thing, for the main reasons of – I can’t do anything hehe, I mean like running, swimming etc. – ugh, no thank you! And the second reason, I don’t think I could drum up enough people to actually sponsor me.

So then I found out about Pudsey baking things from Lakeland. Last year I was browsing Facebook groups, and there were sooooo many of them along the theme of ‘I hate the redesigned Pudsey’ (it’s been the same bear for about 25 years and last year they changed it), and so I set one up called ‘I bought a new Pudsey and I’m proud!’, because I hate people sitting around complaining about stupid things and forgetting that he’s just a mascot for a bigger issue – the charity!















Anyway, someone joined my group and put up some pics of the Pudsey biscuits she’d made. So I decided it’d be a good idea to have a bake sale! I can bake, and have made all kinds of yummy things in the past, so I’m sure if I can get people to come it’ll be a success. Plus buying the baking things gives money to the charity too!

I’m also going to be doing Pudsey face painting - a small Pudsey on a cheek or arm or whatever, or a full Pudsey face ;)

I’ve also set up a Just Giving site for it, for anyone who can’t come to the event, or wants to donate by card instead. Alice gave me £5, I’m always sponsoring her Race for Life’s ;) From buying the merchandise this year, I’ve already given about £15 to the charity! Woo!

Soooo if anyone stumbles across this blog and wants to give money then click on the donate button on the right --->, and if anyone is in Crosshills, Yorkshire, England on the 14th or 15th November then come and buy some yummy treats!

No comments: