Thursday, 2 October 2008

a rose as promised

As promised yesterday, here’s what I came up with on Painter – I decided on a different rose.

The original picture had three roses in different states of opening, but I decided on just this one, mainly because of time – I’m usually doing this at 6am real time (which is like 11pm my time) and so I’m quite tired and ready for bed.

This one is ok, although I don’t like it as much as the yellow rose. I like the green background – I tried to make it abstracty and blurred so that it gives the impression of leaves but is just a coloured background.

The flower isn’t as detailed as I’d have liked, I think that’s partly because I was quite tired, plus the picture I was working from wasn’t the best quality in the first place. But I like the colours.

I like doing the same subject matter over and over again, means that you get in good practice with it – you kind of train your eye into a certain way of working.

No comments: