I’m a self confessed Eurovision nerd :P This year because I’m not at home and we don’t have a t.v. (love it!) I watched it live on the internet, it was really good quality, better than BBC iPlayer even :P
Here was our (the UK’s) entry this year (and I think it’s not half bad in my humble opinion):
Guess where it came tonight? Joint LAST. Boo to the televote, booooo to the tactical voting. Every year it’s the same, Sweden votes for Norway, Denmark votes for Iceland, Cyprus votes for Greece blah blah blah.
So the result is usually one of the Eastern European countries wins because they have more friends in Europe hehehe.
The UK, (along with France, Spain, Germany and the winner from last year if not one of them) get in to the contest automatically, mostly because they put in the most money to it. Germany’s song was rubbish, and both France and Spain put in comedy entries (Spain’s was the silliest thing ever! I put a vid of it below with subtitles - makes it even sillier!)
The UK put in a serious song, a good song, and all we got was the One friendship vote we get every year (an 8 from Ireland – not even their 12!!), and then a piddly 6 from San Marino!
Booooo!
Here’s what won, I think it is a good song, although I wanted the Ukraine to win (they came second so it’s not too bad :P)
Spain.....what can you say...
No comments:
Post a Comment