Sunday, 17 February 2008

valentine's day

I’d always kind of not noticed Valentine’s Day, maybe because my birthday is the week before, and most probably because usually I don’t have anyone to celebrate it with (and as I recall anytime I’ve sent a card I’ve never got any kind of response).

But this year is was ...Just lovely :P:P

I remember last year I was quite despondent – I wanted a date and didn’t get one, and had all kinds of crappy dates around Valentine’s Day. But this year I had someone to celebrate with, which made it special finally!

Because he comes home at about 3.30am, we had a kind of pre-Valentine’s thing – I got him a present (a new mp3 player) and made a card. He got me a dvd, a red rose and a strawberry candle. Plus we made a food list before he left so he brought all that stuff too ;) pate, houmous, a baguette and a shiraz rose. And the …Valentine’s Fairy visited too and left trails of pixie dust near little tiny envelopes with special messages in *giggles cutely*

Anyway, during the day we stayed in bed and ate the special food, then in the evening we stayed at home and got dressed up (he wore this white shirt that I reallllllllly like), we ate spaghetti and meat balls and watched a couple of films (the Lakehouse – which is quite apt because it ends on Valentine’s Day 2008!), drunk the wine and ate coffee and Bailey’s ice cream. Then we watched High Fidelity, but got tired as it was getting late so went to bed.

It was very nice :D my first date on Valentine’s Day :D

Now I have to look forward to our anniversary (my First anniversary with anyone – soooo excited!), which is coming up very soon little bounce! I haven’t thought of a present yet, but I have a couple of ideas. I’ll probably make another card soon and think of some cuteness to whisper to the Anniversary Fairy hehe :P

No comments: