Wednesday, 4 July 2007

why i've been quiet

Ok, I haven’t written in a silly amount of time – there is a good reason for this, which I’m compelled to tell you now. I’ve been reading through some old blogs and like doing that, gives me a little reminder of things I already remember, if that makes any sense.

Anyway. On 21st March, the first day of spring, we found out that Alex had killed himself.

I know uni is a great upheaval, a complete lifestyle change. Some people get homesick, some people throw themselves into it. Other people just can’t hack it at all it seems.

When you live in such a tight community (the uni itself is small, but also our halls only had 12 people in them – one of which was the warden, so 11 freshers) it hits you hard. Extremely hard. I will try describe the night another time, will need a long time to think about it and write it properly.

Just thought I should share why I have been quite. A lot has seemed pretty pointless since then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your friend committed suicide. Same thing happened to me my first year at uni. Hope you are managing ok!