Last night we had my mum and dad round for a Star Trek dinner party. Normally we do this for B’s birthday as he’s the big Star Trek nerd hehe, but for various reasons we haven’t done one in a while.
It’s partly inspired by our love of Star Trek, all the shows and the movies, and it’s mostly enhanced by the Star Trek cookbook. This is an ace little book which is full of recipes, facts about food and drink props used while filming the show, and also some little stories about various characters. It’s much improved by the fact that it’s co-written by Ethan Phillips who has written in character as Neelix – the cook from Voyager.
Whenever I do a dinner party (usually for my mum and dad) I like to do a number of dishes, so that there are lots of nice things to try, and so that none of them are anything we normally cook and eat on a normal basis.
We ate and drank, then played the Star Trek dvd game Scene It. I enjoyed everything, and I’d like to incorporate some of the things into our normal routine ;)
Thursday, 18 October 2012
star trek dinner party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment