Listen to Five for Fighting while reading ;)
I had an interesting thought a few days ago.
What if we are only alive in memory? How about whenever you think of a certain thing that happened in the past, that’s the time when it is real. And perhaps somewhere in the future I am remembering writing this blog and so now it is occurring.
Sometimes I get the strangest thoughts – a way of describing it is mind over matter, and sometimes I act on them.
For example, once I was lying in bed thinking things over, it was about the craft fair business. I was thinking a kind of ‘should I / shouldn’t I’ line of thought, and ‘will it be ok’. And clear as day in my head I heard myself saying “Don’t trust L”. Out of the blue. At that point I had no reason not to trust her, and yet I was right. Where did that come from?
Did I project that from the future to my past self? It’s far fetched I know, but it’s something to ponder. Sometimes I wonder what I’d tell myself in the past, would I advise myself or tell myself not to do things. If I could visit myself, would I interfere or sit back and watch?
I think it’s interesting to think about time travel. The big choice of whether we would want to return to a time, or simply change an event for the better.
Ultimately it’s kind of good to just let things pan out as fate decides, or doesn’t decide as the case may be. But sometimes when I’ve made big decisions based on nothing more than instinct, and they’ve gone really well – I do wonder if a me in the future had a hand in it...
Monday, 9 May 2011
time travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment