Ok, remember this post? Here’s a potted version – a million (four) years ago I went on one date with a guy. The worst date I’ve ever had. It was boring, didn’t fancy him in the flesh (met on the net), didn’t have anything in common. Never gave him a second thought. I’ve been looking though my blog and apparently I had the opportunity of a second date but turned it down because he “wasn’t worth the effort of dressing up”.
Anyhoo....the internet age strikes again when the other day I got a message on Facebook from him. Apparrently he owes me an apology for messing me about too much. Huh? That was my response. He also tried to enter into that thing you humans call “Short Talk” is it? I sent back a message asking to clarify what the ‘messing about’ was (if anything I messed him about I suppose). Thus far it’s been unanswered.
Isn’t it funny how people have rewired their brains to think that just because you Can contact anyone you once met / know their name / have their email address, that you Should contact them.
Perhaps people should think back the short five years to before we had social networking and remember that you Don’t need to be in contact with everyone you’ve ever known ;)
Some things are best just left to what they were. I.E. boring dates ;)
Sunday, 18 July 2010
a blast from the past
tags:
dates,
life,
relationships
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment