Sunday, 20 April 2008

fate #2 (return of the killer fate)

My grandad used to give me a £5 note with the predictable tag on “buy a car” (even though I couldn’t drive and still don’t).

I always used to just dismiss it and keep the £5 in a money box I still have, shaped like a house :D

I also used to collect 5p coins (when the new one came out it was so cute and I liked them – I used to keep them in a money box shaped like a teddy which I also still have :D)

Anywayyyyy my grandma and grandad always used to save 5p’s for me and give me them in a little jar, and when I had enough I put them in my Halifax ISA account (you need £5 worth to put in a bag so they can weigh it and put it in).

Bri’s old car was a bit of a wreck, on it’s last legs. It was an old Vauxhall Astra – a grizzly old bsatard car hehe.


(Like this but red)


Just recently we decided enough was enough and bought a new car – a Daihatsu Sirion.


We got a part-exchange with the old car – the exchange was for metallic blue paint (£300 value – there’s no way we’d have got that for the old car, and we don’t have the hassle of selling it now).

I got the money out of my Halifax ISA account. So in the end I did buy a car.

As a side note, I like the fact that I had to put £5 worth of 5p’s into the account – fate working it’s magic again!

No comments: